The Other Side of Wonderland

Friday, June 15, 2007

Vegetarian Gourmet

There is something that I've been longing for for quite a while: a gourmet vegetarian magazine. Don't get me wrong, I love my Vegetarian Times, and it certainly fills a need, but it is aimed more at vegetarians in general. I want a magazine like Food&Wine, which is filled with high-end, lustworthy cookware and chef's tools, and offers gourmet recipes and articles on hot new ingredients and cuisines. I want a magazine for the true vegetarian foodie. I want to know how to use the latest tools and ingredients in my own cooking. I want to know how to eat incredibly well around the world. I want restaurant reviews that tell me which chefs can create something more than a fancy salad for my meal. I want to put an end to things like the first recipe in the "vegetarian slideshow" on Food&Wine magazine's website -- a delectable-looking Polenta Gratin with Spinach and Wild Mushrooms which calls for 3/4 cup chicken stock. Come on. That's not even trying.



Also, I totally want to write for this imaginary magazine.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home